TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Effective date: August 1, 2020
TERMS & CONDITIONS AGREEMENT
Tech Job Shop, LLC. (“Tech Job Shop”) welcomes you. We invite you to access and use our website.
The material appearing on the websites http://alexandrafoote.com/ and https://www.techjobshop.com/ (“this Site”), is provided as either information about Tech Job Shop’s events, people, courses, programs and story’s, or as a platform for online connection and community. The owner of this Site (Alexandra Foote), Tech Job Shop and its directors, agents, employees and affiliates assume no responsibility or liability for any consequences resulting directly or indirectly from any action or inaction you take based on the information found on or material linked to on this site.
Any information by or on this Site is provided for promotional or informational purposes only and is not to be relied upon as a professional opinion whatsoever. By using this Site, you accept and agree that following any information or recommendations provided therein is at your own risk.
Please read carefully! Your access to and use of this Site is subject to legally binding terms and conditions which you accept and agree to by accessing this Site.
The following terms and conditions form a binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Tech Job Shop, LLC., a Georgia Limited Liability Company. Tech Job Shop may modify, amend, supplement, and replace these terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. Your continued use of this Site after any change means you have accepted the changed terms and conditions.
- Copyright. All materials created by Tech Job Shop on the Site are protected by United States copyright laws as original works. The absence of a registered copyright symbol does not mean that such materials are not protected as belonging to Tech Job Shop.
- Links to Third Party Websites. This Site may contain links to third party websites. All such linked sites, materials and pages are not under the control of Tech Job Shop and Tech Job Shop is not responsible for the content contained in any linked website nor for any losses or damages you may incur as a result of the use of any such website. Tech Job Shop accepts no liability for any errors or omissions contained in third party websites. These links are provided to improve your use of the Site, enable you to connect with Tech Job Shop on various platforms, and help Tech Job Shop offer the easiest services for you and conduct transactions.
- Intellectual Property Ownership. If we have materials on the Site which you can download, a revocable, non-exclusive license is granted for you to download copies of the materials for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- share or transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Tech Job Shop at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
If Tech Job Shop discovers that you have illegally misappropriated or used any of the intellectual property you were granted access to, you will be blacklisted from any future programs and will seek any all extent of legal remedies and you will be required to cover all legal fees necessary to enforce these rights.
- Testimonials. We love to share your wins and successes inside our programs. By signing up for our programs and courses, you waive the right to anonymity and any testimonials including unofficial testimonials and words of praise via Instagram stories, public Facebook posts or posts inside our Facebook groups, and direct messages with Alexandra have the potential to be used on our marketing materials and/or any promotional efforts. You understand that all confidentiality provisions apply and that testimonials are the only exception to our confidentiality obligations.
- Our Refund Policy. Due to the digital nature of our course, we are not able to offer full refunds once you have purchased any of our programs, courses, services, or products. By purchasing from Tech Job Shop, you understand that you are not entitled to a full refund once payment has been issued to us. You also understand that changing your mind about your purchase, failing to follow through or understand the details of your purchase, not experiencing your expected or desired results, failure to complete the assigned work, or any other reason does not entitle you to a refund.
5.1 We hold a very sensible ‘Do The Work’ Partial Refund policy which essentially means you have to prove you’ve gone through the entire core curriculum, complete all the required work, attended all weekly Q&A sessions, answer a few questions which we’ll ask you once you can prove to us that you’ve done the work and then we’ll have the unilateral discretion to grant a refund.
If you do the work and do not receive an internship offer within 12 months of purchasing Tech Internship Toolkit, contact our support team at [email protected] within 365 days of enrollment. You must include your coursework and job applications with your refund request. If you request a refund and do not include your coursework by the 365th day, your refund will not be granted. All partial refunds are discretionary as determined by Tech Job Shop LLC.
We are about honesty, fairness and customer satisfaction and have no problem issuing a refund if you’ve actually tried your best and done the work but the course was not fitting for your career and/or career goals.
5.1.1 An example of a situation where we wouldn’t give a refund is if someone doesn’t put in any effort, doesn’t try at our courses, doesn’t take full responsibility for their own success and then asks for their money back. We also do not offer refunds for the following: (1) attempts to use the refund policy as a way to opt-out of any existing financial obligation and/or payment plan already committed to us upon signing up for our program, (2) change of business direction after purchasing the course, and/or (3) inability to complete the program within the 12 month access period.
5.1.2. An example of a situation where we would give a refund is if you do the entire course, tried your best, share with us what you learned and then give an objectively fair reason why you didn’t receive any job offers. This means we are expecting the following documents and tasks to be completed:
- Proof of all worksheets being completed
- Your original resume from before enrolling in Tech Internship Toolkit and your updated resume implementing our strategies
- Links to your LinkedIn, personal website, and GitHub proving that you have implemented the lessons accordingly and have made an effort of using our strategies with screenshots included
- Screenshots of the following:
- Proof of 75 job application submissions
- Proof of initiating contact with recruiters form each company you applied to
- Proof of attending at least 2 career fairs and 5 recruiting events
- Proof of completing all technical interview preparation problems within the recommended completion schedule
- Proof of active participation, initiative, and responsiveness in the private Tech Internship Toolkit student Facebook community
- Proof of attendance at weekly Q&A sessions and submitting questions
- A progress rate of 100% within the Kajabi member’s portal
- Screenshots and proof that you have made an effort to ask questions when experiencing challenges during the program
- A minimum one-page write up on the top 3 lessons you learned from the program and a fair reason of why you think the program didn’t work for you
Disclaimer: Due to the digital nature of our course, we do not offer refunds for those who do not do their due diligence to ensure the course is the right fit for them. It is the customers responsibility to review our sales page and terms and conditions carefully prior to purchase, use or access to any of our products and online courses. Tech Internship Toolkit is a program that is designed to help college students land an internship. The goal of the program has always been communicated in our marketing, such as our webinars, social media, websites, and sales pages that the target audience for this program is college students looking for internships. Please note, our exclusive bonuses and course extensions are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Being Blacklisted + Disputed Payments. Tech Job Shop retains the right to ‘Blacklist’ you from accessing any and all materials, courses or other products or services she offers in the event that you do not pay your bills, dispute your payments, or if you steal any of our intellectual property. You will be removed from the blacklist once you pay your full amount owing, but for the remainder of your course access, you will not be eligible for refunds.
6.1 In the event that a student wants to regain access to our online courses after disputing payments, the student will be charged for the full price of the program upfront and agrees to pay a $15 Stripe fee for each payment previously disputed.
- Payment Plans. You will have two options for payment plans with Tech Job Shop. You can either pay up-front in full or you can pay in monthly installments. Please note that for monthly payments, Stripe will automatically deduct the amount from the account information you provide Stripe. Should you fall behind in payments, or if additional payments are not able to be processed, you understand: 1) you will not be able to access any of the information or content sold through our Site or any other of our courses, products, or services; and (2) you will owe a ten percent (10%) late fee. A payment is to be considered late if not paid within three (3) days of the date it is due. Accounts that have not been paid after 30 days will be turned over to collections, and the balance of your account will become due and payable immediately. If your account is turned over to collections, you understand and agree you are responsible for any and all fees accrued, in addition to the original account outstanding balance. Please note a payment plan is not a membership in which you can cancel at any time. By signing up for our payment plan, you agree to pay the full balance owing of your payment plan. If you wish to pay off your remaining account balance in full, you can do so at any time.
- Course Access + Updates. As a Tech Internship Toolkit student, your 12-month access to our program and private community will activate immediately upon purchasing the program. We have designed our course to be completed in as soon as 60-90 days, which is why we have factored in 10 additional months to account for differing schedules, learning preferences, speeds, and students who may need to take a break due to unforeseen circumstances. Our team actively updates the program to ensure the majority of students’ biggest roadblocks are anticipated, minimized, and addressed. Students are automatically granted access to any updates within our core curriculum and Bonus Bag. Please note, enrolling in our program does not grant free access to any future bonuses other than the ones promised to be offered upon the time of enrollment. If you enroll in our program within 30 days of a new bonus being offered, we will happily grant you access to this bonus upon request.
- No Guarantees. We make NO GUARANTEES about any success that you’ll get from our Site or our courses or any of our free offers. We will do everything for you to succeed, but we make no guarantees since we try our best but can only control so much about your success through our courses. You understand that Tech Job Shop makes no guarantees whatsoever regarding any results based on any action or inaction relating to your life, career, or job search based on the information we share or services we sell or share for free through the Site. Ultimately, we will not be responsible or make any promises for what will happen in your life and career. Even if you’ve worked with us as client before and had certain results, we make no guarantee that they will happen again. We cannot be any more clear about this: We are here for you and want you succeed, but we make no promises regarding results and make no guarantees whatsoever.
- Entire Agreement. These terms and conditions and any other legal notices, policies and guidelines of Tech Job Shop linked to these terms and conditions or contained on this Site constitutes the entire Agreement between you and Tech Job Shop relating to your use of this Site and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written), claims, representations, and understandings of the parties regarding such subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended or modified except by Tech Job Shop.
- Limitation of Liability and Indemnity. In no event shall Tech Job Shop or its affiliates be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to view or use the materials or content on the Site, even if Tech Job Shop has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
- Applicable Law. Any claim relating to Tech Job Shop shall be governed by and under control of the laws of Georgia regardless of conflict of law principles, and regardless of your location.
- Indemnity. As a condition of your use of the Site, you hereby indemnify Tech Job Shop and its directors and affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting or arising from your use of this Site.